Wilba is a playable Character exclusive to the Hamlet DLC. She is the daughter of Queen Malfalfa, making her the Princess of the Pig kingdom. She has also inherited the curse of being a Werepig from her father. Wilba is the only Hamlet character that cannot be unlocked via Experience.
Wilba starts as a passive, non-attacking Mob in the Souvenir Shop located two rooms to the left in the Royal Palace on the second island. She tells the player that she lost the Royal Crown and is therefore grounded. The player must kill the Queen Womant and mine its throne with a Pickaxe to get the Royal Crown. Return the Royal Crown to the Pig Queen. Once the player does this, Wilba will be unlocked as a playable character and disappear from her room.
Given Royal Crown
- Wilba was added to the Early Access of Don't Starve: Hamlet on November 8, 2018.
- Wilba's voice is played by an Ocarina
- In the forum post introducing her as a playable character, she is described as follows: "Daughter to Queen Malfalfa, Princess Wilba has the love of her people. If only she wanted the job. She would much rather be out in the world exploring and soaking up life, even if she still requires a nightlight when she gets tucked in."
- Wilba's style of speech is a parody of archaic (Shakespeare's) English. Other Hamlet Pigs also speak this way.
- The player is able to kill Wilba before unlocking her in the Palace. She will drop one Pig Skin and one Meat. Once she has been killed, she will never respawn, forcing the player to create another world to unlock her.
- Before the Character Update, her perks read as follows: "Is a pig. Is royalty. Is afraid of the dark."
- Wilba, Wormwood, Wortox, and Wurt may be the first survivors to originate from the Constant itself and not the real world like the others.
- Her hair, skirt, and bow have bones, as shown when struck by lightning.
- Wilba may be a reference to the protagonist of Charlotte's Web due to the fact she is also a pig, and similarly named "Wilbur".
- If Wilba drops a coin (from her inventory or from hammering down a decoration) and a guard picks it up, all nearby guards will attack the thieving guard.
- In the forum post introducing her Werepig condition, the following is said: "Wilba has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism."
- Wilba's Werepig form was added in the February 7th, 2019 update, also known as the Character Update.
- Spiders won't attack Wilba in her Werepig form on sight. It is unclear whether it is a bug or not.
|Reign of Giants
|Don't Starve Together