Wanda is a Character exclusive to Don't Starve Together, who was released on September 9, 2021. She needs to be unlocked, either by weaving for 2700 Spools or purchasing Wanda Chest for $5.99 or the Wanda Deluxe Chest for $9.99, or the Starter Pack 2021 for $7.99.
–From the description for Long Shadows
An enigmatic woman of... well, fluctuating age, Wanda was torn from the world she knew after accidentally creating a fracture in time and space, pulling her from her own timeline into the land of the Constant. Though she avoids divulging many details of her past with the other Survivors, she seems to have an odd familiarity with them, as though she's run into them before... or perhaps, later?
- Her quotes for several healing items, like Healing Salve and Honey Poultice, may be references to the phrase "time heals all wounds".
- This is reinforced by her inability to heal and instead having to rely on her Ageless Watch to heal instead.
- The Triumphant Wanda has a hand made of hair on her head. One of the shadow symbols.
- The Verdant Wanda has a log with clock hands on her head. With each stage of Wanda growing up, the number of rings on the log will increase.
- The Moonbound Wanda will have different stages of the moon on her forehead depending on her age.
- Wanda is voiced by grandfather clock chimes.
- When Wanda is in old age, her voice becomes distorted and has a vibrato effect.
- Wanda is the only DLC human character in Don't Starve Together.
- Klei Ambassadors got early access to Wanda before the rest of the players. They were able to stream and release videos about her starting September 7, 2021.
- Using the Grim Galette as Wanda gives the player the standard stats of eating it, but does not actually swap age and sanity upon consumption.
- Wanda does not suffer a max health penalty from drowning or items such as Telltale Heart or using Florid Postern to revive. As such, Wanda has no use for the Booster Shot.
- Wanda may be ethnically South Asian or Middle Eastern, judging from her skin tone, and her use of the word 'baba', a term found in said cultures, when examining Taffy.
- In the animation of Wanda dying, the hands on the clock in the X and Z axes turn into flat Shadow Hands in the X and Y axes.
- She sings /carol a little faster than the other character. For example: Wilson sings it in 13 second and for Wanda it takes only 12 seconds.
- Her quotes constantly refer to the fact that she's in a hurry somewhere, despite some abilities associated with time.
- She seems to have experienced Wagstaff picking up the Lunar Essence Extractor with lunar energy in a previous timeline.
- Apparently, she made some kind of deal with a "mysterious entity" which gave her the knowledge of using shadow magic for time travel. Wanda also states how she wasn't told about the green gems before. She also says: "There's no need to be afraid of curses if you're clever enough to outsmart them."
- In her examination quote for Festive Lights, Wanda mentions "electric candles". "Electric candle" is another name for Yablochkov candles, a type of arc lamp invented in 1876 by Russian inventor Pavel Nikolayevich Yablochkov, with her examination quote seeming to imply that she originates from not long after their invention.
- The Triumphant Wanda may be a reference to The Matrix
- The Merrymaker Wanda is a reference to a toy maker.
|Reign of Giants
|Don't Starve Together