From Don't Starve Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ui button variant 1 on.png
Ui button variant 1 off.png

Exclusive to: Don't Starve icon.pngReign of Giants icon.pngShipwrecked icon.pngHamlet icon.png Don't Starve Together icon.png

Wilson Portrait.png
I hope it doesn't mess up my hair.


The Shelmet is a wearable Armor item. It has a 10% chance to drop from a Slurtle. It has 750 durability and absorbs 90% of physical damage.

The Shelmet is the second strongest head armor item, with 450 less durability than the Thulecite Crown.

The Shelmet can be given to a Pig or Bunnyman to wear as armor. ​​​​

Gift Icon.png Downloadable Content

In the Reign of Giants DLC, the Shelmet also provides 20% water resistance during Rain.

Placeholder.png Trivia

  • The Shelmet was added in the Underground update.
  • The name "Shelmet" is a portmanteau of the words "Shell" and "Helmet".
  • Wagstaff estimates the shelmet rates a 6 on the Mohs Hardness Scale, the same rating as uranium and titanium.

Blueprint.png Gallery