Stone Fruit

From Don't Starve Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Exclusive to: Don't Starve Together icon.png

Wickerbottom Portrait.png
The outside is mineral, yet the inside is organic.

Wickerbottom, when examining a Stone Fruit.

The Stone Fruit is an Item exclusive to Don't Starve Together, introduced in Return of Them. 3 Stone Fruits can be obtained by picking a Stone Fruit Bush. If left on the bush for too long, the Stone Fruits will appear cracked and picking the bush will obtain nothing. Stone Fruits can also sometimes be found around the Lunar Grotto.

Stone Fruits are not edible, but can be mined to give 65% chance of a Ripe Stone Fruit, 34% chance of a Rock, or 1% chance of a Sprouting Stone Fruit. Stone Fruit can also be worked by Weather Pain, Slurtle Slime, or Gunpowder. Both Slurtle Slime and Gunpowder can mine up to 20 stacks of Stone Fruit. Note: 20 stacks means 20 stacks of 40.

Ripe Stone Fruit

Wilson Portrait.png
Uncooked stone fruit is the pits.

Wilson, when examining a Ripe Stone Fruit.

Winona Portrait.png
Who knew rocks were so tasty looking inside?

Winona, when examining a Cooked Stone Fruit.

Ripe Stone Fruits have a chance to be obtain by mining Stone Fruits. Unlike their raw counterparts, they can be eaten, restoring 12.5 Hunger and 1 Health. They can be Cooked over Fire to obtain Cooked Stone Fruits which restore slightly more Health. Both versions of Stone Fruit can be used in the Crock Pot as a Vegetable. Ripe Stone Fruits can be used to substitute raw Cactus Flesh in the recipe for Guacamole.

Icon Tools.png Usage

Stone Fruit.png
Ripe Stone Fruit.png
Ripe Stone Fruit.png
Cooked Stone Fruit.png
Stone Fruits.png
Pig Icon.png
Ripe Stone Fruit.png
Crock Pot.png
Fillers cannot be Fruit.

Placeholder.png Trivia

  • Stone Fruits were introduced in the Turn of Tides update.
  • While their appearance resembles those of a real-life avocado, their name plays off the literal meaning of the term "stone fruit", which refers to a broad category of fleshy fruits containing a single hardened pit known as a drupe. Examples include cherries, peaches, and the coconut.
    • This is misleading as avocados themselves aren't drupes, they are in fact, a single-seeded berry.
  • Webber and WX-78 mention needing to "wait for it to ripen". However, time does not affect the Stone Fruit in any way.