Lunar Experiment

From Don't Starve Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Exclusive to: Don't Starve Together icon.png
Only during the Event: Hallowed Nights icon.png Hallowed Nights

Wormwood Portrait.png
Change to moony-things


Mutates some creatures and plants into their lunar mutated form.

-Scrapbook Description

The Lunar Experiment is a feature exclusive to the Hallowed Nights event in Don't Starve Together. It can be conducted at the Mad Scientist Lab, using a Moon Moth Wing and a Lune Tree Blossom, and depleting 10 Sanity Meter.png for the player. The experiment has a 50% chance to result in only one potion, a 30% to result in two potions and a 20% to result in three potions.

The experiment will result in a Steeped Lunar Essence that can be used to change items and mobs into their Lunar counterparts eg. Butterfly into Moon Moth.

Lunar Experiment.png Transformations

Butterfly.png Interface arrow right.png Moon Moth.png

Light Bulb.png Interface arrow right.png Bulbous Lightbug.png

Light Flower.png Interface arrow right.png Light Flower.png (note: this changes Light Flower that gives Light Bulb upon harvesting into the Light Flower that spawns Bulbous Light Bug)

Sapling Item.png Interface arrow right.png Sapling (Moon).png

Flower.png Interface arrow right.png Lune Tree Sapling.png

Carrot.png Interface arrow right.png Carrat Item.png

Dragon Fruit.png Interface arrow right.png Saladmander Ripe.png

Spider.png/Spider Warrior.png/Cave Spider.png/Spitter.png/Dangling Depth Dweller.png/Nurse Spider.png Interface arrow right.png Shattered Spider.png

Hound.png Interface arrow right.png Horror Hound.png

Pengull.png Interface arrow right.png Moonrock Pengull.png

Crow.png/Snowbird.png/Canary.png Interface arrow right.png Moonblind Crow.png

Redbird.png/Puffin.png Interface arrow right.png Misshapen Bird.png

Prototype.png Tips

  • Because it has a chance to give multiple potions, it can be used to multiply Lune Trees by planting 6 flowers, releasing a bee to propagate those flowers, turning the flowers into Lune Trees, chopping those trees for blossoms, and killing the spawned moths for wings.
  • Note also that flowers spawn butterflies, which can be turned into moths, which can be captured and planted as lune trees.
  • It can be used on a flying bird to stun it, making it fall to the ground where it can be picked up.

Placeholder.png Trivia

  • The Lunar Experiment was introduced to the Hallowed Nights event in 2019.

Blueprint.png Gallery